Tuesday, November 6, 2012
I've had a cheap knitted phone case to protect my phone for a while, but due to wear it is starting to get too loose and is falling off in my bag. It is not much protection if it keeps falling off! So I decided I should make myself a phone case.
This is the same idea as my kindle cover, but in smaller scale. It was actually quite tricky to sew the lining and then top stitch because the opening is so small. My kindle cover doesn't have any quilting, but I decided to quilt along the hexagon lines on this design. The back of the strap (below) matches the lining. The fabrics are both Japanese which I think I got at a quilt fair a year or two ago.
The fit is tight at the moment, but like my kindle cover I expect it to relax a tiny bit as the lining and quilt batting settles into the right shape. The closure is velcro and I think my favourite part is the blue owl on the left which is peaking out from behind the strap.
It's good to do a couple of projects that could be completed quickly!
Labels: complete projects