27/04/2013: Almost May already! This year is going so fast!
02/04/2013: Happy Easter. I hope everyone had a fantastic weekend.
01/01/2013: Happy New Year!!
24/12/2012: Merry Christmas!!
13/11/2012: Getting hand-made presents ready for Christmas!!

Saturday, November 10, 2012

Cat Pouch


I've finished the little blue cat pouch and I think it is going to be an awesome Christmas gift!

There were a couple of really tricky parts to complete. Putting in the zip with the lining was very difficult and I don't think I'll do a curved zip like this again. I've done this technique before with straight zips - such as on the chicken purse - but this was a whole new layer of difficulty because the zip is not very flexible and the stitching needs to be quite close and precise. I took my time and got there with it despite some slight wonkiness.

The little fish on the strap was also really difficult as tiny things usually are. I think I spent as much time trying to make the little fish as I did adding the tail and head to the pouch base tonight. I planned on appliqueing the tail before sewing in the zip but completely forgot so I carefully sewed it to only the top layer of the pouch tonight. Then before sewing the opening in the lining I lightly stuffed the paws to give them extra body and squish. The lining is actually squared off and ends under the head.


 

3 comments:

Monica said...

Oh yes, I see that zipper is quite curved! Great job! The whole thing is very cute, and I see more cute fabric in the lining. I hope your giftees aren't reading the blog too!

Metanoia said...

I know my Nanna definitely isn't because she doesn't have internet! I don't think any of my other family check out my blog either.

Monica said...

Neither do mine. My mom's comment was "people will read anything." Always supportive!