27/04/2013: Almost May already! This year is going so fast!
02/04/2013: Happy Easter. I hope everyone had a fantastic weekend.
01/01/2013: Happy New Year!!
24/12/2012: Merry Christmas!!
13/11/2012: Getting hand-made presents ready for Christmas!!

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Hexagons... where are they now?


My poor neglected little blog!! I have been sewing, but it is slow going and I haven't had regular time to spend.

So this is my hexagon progress up to now... The first of these was finished in November, the last was finished this week. I decided to make my hexagons into "blocks" of 3x3. I think the longest part is that I need to baste all those little triangles as I go and I'm stitching it together by hand. I think it will be worth it though.

As I sew I select 9 hexagons that are reasonably complimentary and pleasing. I'm hoping that from that I can then match them together as blocks to form a larger quilt top that will be "random" and yet have enough organisation of colours to be pleasing. The black triangles are my crazy idea to let each colour have room to speak for itself. Look at the little stars that are starting to appear in the centre of the triangle!! I love it!

I haven't seen anyone do anything with little triangles on a hexagon quilt. Please share a link if you've seen something like this before.

3 comments:

Happy Me said...

How beautiful! I do love the way the black triangles let each color shine through! And the little stars are great!!

JoJo said...

There you are!!! I periodically check in hoping to see your progress. I'm loving what you have accomplished. Truly, it looks fabulous and I can't wait to see more.

Metanoia said...

Thanks for your comments! I appreciate the feedback and it is heartening to know there are still some people out there though I've not had much time to keep in touch.