27/04/2013: Almost May already! This year is going so fast!
02/04/2013: Happy Easter. I hope everyone had a fantastic weekend.
01/01/2013: Happy New Year!!
24/12/2012: Merry Christmas!!
13/11/2012: Getting hand-made presents ready for Christmas!!

Friday, April 29, 2011

Out with the Old...

... and in with a brand new look!!

My blog was starting to look brown and dull to me so it was time to spring clean and freshen up. I needed some colour and now I think I'm happy and ready to unveil it to you!


The Old...

This really was a little more trouble than I expected. I built the new site in a test environment and when I thought I was ready, copied it across... but unfortunately a lot of unexpected things happened. First all my little gadgets broke and I had to readd everything to my sidebar. Next I realised there was no blog navigation, so no way to get to any of my previous posts. Finally I realised the comment form was completely broken.

Happily I was able to fix everything, but not without a few headaches. In fact it has taken me about 6 hours longer than I expected and turned into two evenings work instead of one, but I am happy with the results. The old hints through from the background, but the green and white lifts and brightens everything up.

Thanks for your continued visits everyone. Let me know what you think of the new blog.

PS: There are six hens hidden around the site too!!

1 comment:

thesplitstitch said...

I really like the new look!