27/04/2013: Almost May already! This year is going so fast!
02/04/2013: Happy Easter. I hope everyone had a fantastic weekend.
01/01/2013: Happy New Year!!
24/12/2012: Merry Christmas!!
13/11/2012: Getting hand-made presents ready for Christmas!!

Saturday, November 21, 2009

Cats Finished

Cat Quilt complete
Cat Quilt Completed

I expected the quilting to take me a lot longer, but it was over in a couple of sessions. There are a couple of small errors which I think only I will notice, but I am extremely happy with my third quilt.

As with my first quilt, I "stitched in the ditch" and in my first sitting, before I knew it I had 6 blocks complete. Once the blocks were done it was just a matter of persevering with the inner border, then zipping around the outer cream border.

The binding was done over two nights because it was extremely hot and humid here. I used the same colour blue as the background to keep the focus on the centre.

Now it is time to clean up my sewing room and get ready for the next project.

No comments: