27/04/2013: Almost May already! This year is going so fast!
02/04/2013: Happy Easter. I hope everyone had a fantastic weekend.
01/01/2013: Happy New Year!!
24/12/2012: Merry Christmas!!
13/11/2012: Getting hand-made presents ready for Christmas!!

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Block Party!

Block Party! Fabrics

This is the first collaborative that has me really excited and inspired to share it with you (and not just because of the awesome prizes which I am sure I won't win anyway...) I have always liked the idea of quilt-a-longs, however never liked the patterns that were being offered, or the format, or any number of things that made me think "maybe it isn't for me".

I don't know why this one is different, but perhaps it is because there are several people I recognise from their blogs participating as authors.

One thing I found with "swapping" (on swap-bot) is that I'm not very good at sharing, so I have always known that I would need to participate in a quilt-a-long by myself. I think it is beacuse I am so much of a perfectionist that I can't bare to part with my own work and I'm scared that what I receive from others may not be to my taste or up to my standards.

This project has the best of both worlds. You can join in to participate in groups of 12 made up of other visitors to the blog and flickr group, or you can go it alone with the block patterns and instructions they will provide quarterly.

I think I will be watching this one and I have added it to my growing list of inspirational blogs. So if I have piqued your interest, why not click on over to Block Party!

1 comment:

Kathleen said...

i think it looks interesting too....and like you i am not into quilting bees

quiltalongs one can do at one's own pace...which i like!