27/04/2013: Almost May already! This year is going so fast!
02/04/2013: Happy Easter. I hope everyone had a fantastic weekend.
01/01/2013: Happy New Year!!
24/12/2012: Merry Christmas!!
13/11/2012: Getting hand-made presents ready for Christmas!!

Saturday, September 12, 2009

Quilt Binding

Binding
Quilt Binding

The end is in sight! This is my first quilt binding, attached and ready for hand sewing. The picture I chose shows some of the quilting from the back. I quite like the pattern of the stitching.

I referred back to the instructions I posted earlier from Old Red Barn Co, but instead of trimming first, I stitched the binding on first and then used my rotary cutter to trim the excess off after. I don't know if this means that I will have a wobbly edge after. I hear there is no right way... and I trimmed before quilting so it seemed ok.

Thankyou everyone for your comments so far. Hearing that other people are having the same trials makes me more confident that I'm doing it right :)

No comments: