27/04/2013: Almost May already! This year is going so fast!
02/04/2013: Happy Easter. I hope everyone had a fantastic weekend.
01/01/2013: Happy New Year!!
24/12/2012: Merry Christmas!!
13/11/2012: Getting hand-made presents ready for Christmas!!

Sunday, September 13, 2009

First Finish

Finished Quilt
Finished Quilt

I have finally finished my first quilt after a determined evening in front of the television to hand sew the binding. I am very happy with how my first quilt has turned out and am looking forward to starting the next one already.

The border is in the same floral as used in the quilt and is a nice splash of colour on the edge. It is more visible in the previous post.

3 comments:

BlueRidge Boomer said...

Great job.....a treasure!!

Enjoy....LindaMay

Dee said...

beautiful quilt! i'd like to try one with the black border, but the size and preciseness sort of scare me! as for binding...yours looks great! the hens and sunshine are definitely not a waste of time...but centering, relaxing, contemplating, dreaming...all necessary for us!
blessings!

Metanoia said...

It isn't as hard as it looks Dee... There are a few little errors where I'm 1/4" out with all those crazy diagonals... if I'd used bias binding applied onto the surface instead of 1" strips sewn between it would have been more accurate... but overall it turned out well and the most tedious part was the machine quilting!